Why "Hot Hide Glue" is ideal for bushiings....

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 09:45:33 MDT 2008

At 05:51 -0500 6/4/08, Leslie Bartlett wrote:

>>  I do all my work just like they did 120 years ago........
>
>Wow! impressive.  Bit and brace, hand saw, hand planes, no electric tools of
>any sort. Amazing

Who needs electric tools when there's an overhead shaft to provide
all the motive power?  You think factories in 1890 were turning out
thousands of pianos a year without machinery, and how do you think an
action factory managed to produce tens of thousands of actions per
year of a far higher quality and precision than we can dream of
today?  People have some very odd notions about methods, speed
quantity and quality 120 years ago.

And yes, of course animal glue is far better than any of these
pathetic modern substitutes.  All you have to do it learn to use it,
which seems to be beyond the wit of most people.

JD