New finisher & antique restoration Craftsman moves to the east coast

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 22:06:18 MDT 2008

?Hi all you guys in the east coast

? I'm forwarding you this e-mail & web site www.goffdesign.com?as a resource to you and others in your area. Johns Info is listed below the pictures.

???John Goff?is a consummate craftsman specializing in antique restoration,finishing in french polish and I believe other coatings? I'll send you some pictures of a 1885 Brinsmead he did the case restoration on.? It was badly damaged prior to his restoration. He did extensive inlay work. The client currently has? a
great ?deal in the case restoration alone. It has the Queen Victoria royal seal inlaid in the case & may have been her personal possession at one time. That remains unclear. However it is a stunning art case.

?I have just put a new belly in the piano & It is currently in my shop waiting transport back to Acme Piano/Paul Robinson?in?San Diego.
?John Goff was located for many years in San Diego & has quite a fine resume.......as in .... his work speaks for itself.? His web site is listed above & below.
? Any way having relocated he's now in your neighborhood &?Unfortunately he's not in mine. I'm simply trying to help a remarkable ?fellow craftsman get established in a new location.?

Knowing his work first hand makes this a pleasure. Pass this along to anyone who may need services like this. The Yale art collection is currently reviewing his work for potential restoration work or perhaps as a staff?position.
? Hope all is well with you.
???
? Sincerely
? Dale Erwin
?209-577-8397

View full size

?
View full size

Good morning, Dale
?
?My web site is www.goffdesigns.com, and shows pics of furniture that I have made over the years. I have been in the process of adding a restoration section to the site and it should be up by the middle of next week. Of course the Brinsmead will be the featured piece and will include the photos that I sent yesterday.
?
I have been making furniture and restoring antiques for 27 years and it is still a passion for me. I love researching and learning and don't think that flame will ever go out.??
I use a lot of hand tools in the restoration process and most times that is the only way to accomplish the task at hand. I have done extensive veneer repair and can make veneer if necessary. Carving, gilding, joinery, and finishing are also skills that I possess. I use traditional materials in restoration and that makes them reversible should the need arise.
?
If you have any questions or if I can be of service, please feel free to contact me.
?
John Goff
(860) 891-8020
goffdesigns.com