stretching wire

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 9 10:59:43 MDT 2008

> But I wonder if they would shorten up to their original length. But I
> guess they would, as your engineering sources suggest that is so.
>
> Terry Farrell

I assume so too. Way back when I started looking for the
answer to this, I went in with no expectation either way. I
just wanted to know. Years later, I still do, and my best
information so far is that there is no long term permanent
elongation worth considering. No one has (yet) hazarded
speculation on what the molecules are thinking, but on a
practical scale, it doesn't seem to be a factor. All of which
means that pre-stretching is bull pucky.

Ron N