Australian Piano Owner

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 12:09:55 MDT 2008

A piano is a piano, regardless of the brand. If you're able to restring any upright piano, then you are "familiar" and have the experience to do the work. The same with the action. Repair it the best you can, using whatever parts you have to make it work.

Give them a high ball park figure, one that you can live with, not one that you think they are willing to spend. (Unless you really need the work).  I would start out at $5000 and go from there.

Wim