Tuning Tip Threads

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:50:20 MDT 2008

Hi Terry,

Now I'm confuse here. Are you talking about the tip or the head? The head is the part between the shaft and the tip.

I've had this happen to me and have come to have my tuning heads welded to the shaft (I didn't have a choice at the time since I was out of town and didn't have a spare tuning lever). I can still change tuning tips and I felt that I had gained control on the tuning pins. I found out that there was some play in the threads. Give it a try and let me know.

But now I've joined the Fujan gang and just love it. Wouldn't get out of the shop without it.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC