pay you later (even worse)

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Fri Apr 11 20:13:18 MDT 2008

I had an 85-year-old landlady once who did things like this regularly.  She WAS a sweet old lady, and didn't do it on purpose...she was just...old.  So the rent was NEVER paid in cash, and every other month or so, when she'd say it hadn't been paid for such and such month, usually 3 or 4 back, I'd have to schlep all the documentation over...thankfully, she lived next door...and all would be fine.  Until the next time.  So maybe your little old lady wasn't trying to cheat you--could be that her afghan is just unravelling a bit...and once she gets something in her head...

Regardless, your final advice is correct...don't make 'provisional' invoices.

John