Clunker pianos - what do you do?

mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 12 06:33:43 MDT 2008

Well that's not a bad idea, I'll have to admit, but the dealer knows me well
enough that he know I'm not going to do that. What I do is get to know
someone who is interested in pianos and make my service available to them by
giving an estimate as to what it would cost to repair and tune their
existing instrument as opposed to buying a new one. That way they can make
an informed choice. If they choose to make the repairs the dealer can decide
if he wants to use my services in the future. I will probably not be asked
to condemn another piano and I will still do business with an educated
dealer.
Gerald