Customer Database

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Sat Apr 12 07:01:10 MDT 2008

Hi guys.  I've been talking to my brother-in-law (who is a programmer) about
creating a customer database for my business.  It would of course have all
the usual fields concerning customer information, piano information and date
the piano was last tuned.  The thing I'm really wanting that I haven't seen
in other software programs is for it to send me reminders based on when the
piano was last tuned instead of when it should have been tuned.  For
example, I have a customer set up for reminders every 6 months.  If they
wait a couple of months to have their piano tuned, I want the program to
automatically shift future reminders based on their most recent tuning date.

In addition to this, we're working on a feature that would automatically
send e-mail reminders to customers.

This information would hopefully be transferrable to a spreadsheet on my
PocketPC then I could also conceivably enter the info at the customer's home
and then sync it with the main database when I get home.

Has anyone seen a piece of software like this?  I don't want to reinvent the
wheel.

Michelle Smith

Smith Piano Service

Bastrop, Texas