treble fish on steroids

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Sun Apr 13 14:17:33 MDT 2008

Hello Dean,

Thanks for posting the interesting images. When was this instrument
built? The back-beam layout looks pretty serious on the old H&D.

The bass cut-off is seen from time to time. Even Kawai used it in
recent times in their GS70 grand (which was quite a good model when a
decent soundboard happened to occur). Udo Steingraeber uses it also
in his 'square-backed' concert instrument. Here's an image of Udo's
piano taken from his website.

We just finished our first 200 cm piano commission a couple of weeks
ago yesterday. It was all such a rush at the end (for a scheduled
launch concert on March 30) that I had no time for doing a photo
shoot before the piano left our workshop. But here's a link to an
image I took as the piano was being loaded for delivery to the
college where it now resides.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ronovers/oversno7.1.jpg

The college is at Sydney Uni (St Andrews residential College). Hence
the lack of a delivery crate.

Ron O. Sydney.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY