shop work

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 10:54:33 MDT 2008

Ric writes:

<< I currently service about 20+ residential and institutional accounts per
week, all year long.
First appointment @ 10am ,last @ 4 roughly. (9+ hours a day, with travel)

How do you all factor shop work into your scheduales? Right now ,I work in
some time on Sun> (my day off !) >>

Greetings,
  First thing is to raise your tuning price by 20%. This should free up some
time in your schedule to pursue other work. You are presently working 45 hour
weeks, and if you don't schedule a regular day off, you will not last as long.

   I really like having a non-deadline job in the shop at all times.  This
allows me to carry on with my tuning schedule (which is where most of the
rebuilding and regulating work comes from), and never have to worry about an "off"
day where nobody calls. As long as I have an action on the bench, there is
highly profitable work right here at home that can be done in whatever time
increments fit the holes in tuning calls.  I can even schedule several days in the
shop as a sort of "vacation" from the tuning, and make more than I can with the
tuning hammer.  This makes it easy to stop worrying about having nothing to
do, and the funny thing is, the increase in tuning prices didn't really change
the number of calls I get, it just raised my income.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on
AOL Money & Finance.<BR>
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)</HTML>