Piano refinsihing question

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:46:37 MDT 2008

Steve, I hate you disagree with what you have read, but you are going about it all wrong.

First of all, sanding sealer contains no plasticizers, which means if you use too much of it the finish will crack as soon as it is exposed to cold weather. If the cold weather doesn't get it, time will.

Start with a good black lacquer primer and sand it smooth. You can spray several coats.

Next use a good quality black lacquer and only thin enough to spray good wet coats without too much orange peel. 3 to4 coats over primer should be enough for a hand rubbed finish.

You can do the final coat with more lacquer thinner to get better flow, so you wont have to sand too must to get a smooth finish.

Email me privately if you would like more information. I worked as a technical rep for a chemical company in another life.

Al Guecia