shop work

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 20:45:30 MDT 2008

?Yeah, yeah.....?good posts Ed...Fenton..David L?
? Over time I?cultivated the shop work in?with the intention of being there full time.? And I was mostly
? When Sheldon Smith was still alive he gave me some sage advice.?" Don't give up all your private clients." I think he tuned for Yoshis in S.F. ever day or routinely. He loved the gig.
? Well I almost did give em up & then I found that after about 10 years of mostly in the the shop(I do Love the shop)?I discovered I missed my therapy clients.? You know the ones ?who love to see you & the ones the feed my/your soul
? So now I'm trying to be out one complete day a week. It's been more?healthy & as you all have testified to...this is where new jobs come from.
?It's all about what balances your life. Oh my Gosh...Were so fortunate to have the choice.
? Dale
???
?

I go right along with Ed, here. I have one part time helper in the shop when I have too many jobs at once. One belly job completely swamps me between tunings and over the line action work that comes in, I just have a small shop at home so overhead is low, what a life! What a life! I enjoy having someone that knows my shop and tools and how I like to use them, it's a big plus to be able to call him in.?
Fenton?
----- Original Message ----- From: <A440A at aol.com>?