More classic false beat tricks

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Apr 15 03:24:21 MDT 2008

Hi Don.

No... havent tried anything less fluid then valve oil for trumpets.
Could be interesting I suppose to see just what different <<additions>>
to a string will affect false beats and how tho. Wax comes in several
different varieties... ski wax etc.  Any other good ideas ?

I had kind of speculated that Protek seems to work by kind of
automatically dispersing itself along the string.... but really have no
basis other then pure speculation for thinking so.

Cheers
RicB

    Hi Ric,

    Have you tried rubbing paraffin wax (candle wax) on a string to see
    if that
    ameliorates the problem?

    Don Rose