Wurlitzer Console Woes

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 06:50:54 MDT 2008

I remember using, with success, one of those Wurlitzer screw removers.  Wow, it was a long time ago.  I'm trying to think if I've even seen the tool lately--it might be in my hardly/not-used box or maybe it was in the box that got stolen.

What a combination--sluggish, sticky and loose--all at the same time.  I wonder what spray would soften the wood?  Could you tell that it was sprayed, not doused with a liquid?  We used to use Naptha with a silicone solution purchased from Wurlitzer.  Yikes, I hate to think of that stuff doing damage--I used it a lot at one time.

Good luck!

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois