stretching wire -- an anecdotal analysis

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 04:18:23 MDT 2008

<< Even so, that pitch drop  has to come from SOMEWHERE.

I have heard the same statement that wire "creeping" stretch is physically

impossible, and

it seems unlikely that the physicists are massive wrong on this.. >>

There is approximately 400 cents worth of slack in the coil, after being
brought up to pitch and pounded for a while.  I don't know if it should be called
stretching for this slack to gradually unwind, but if the coil is not squeezed
tightly, most of this slack will come out over the first year or two.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Need a new ride? Check out the largest site
for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)</HTML>