Failed string splicing -- charge for time?

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Fri Apr 18 09:49:09 MDT 2008

John,
I had the same thing on a  P22.  Same deal, 2 times my splice broke when the string was up to, or almost up to pitch.  Might I say that I have never had a splice break any other time.  The story is not over though...  I ordered another string from Schaff, put it on, and Bang! it broke.  I spliced it, and the splice broke on the new wire.  So, three splices and two broken strings later, I decided that I would change the wire size in that unison.  That seemed to work out better...  As in your situation I was dealing with the first unison in the tenor.  Good luck with all of that.
Shawn