Bechstein rebuild

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Fri Apr 18 16:43:11 MDT 2008

If there are divots from rocker capstans present on the keysticks,
isn't that an indication that the standard capstans (and wippens) are a
retro-fit and not factory original?

Be sure to confirm the action geometry and lines of convergence (magic
lines) on a converted action.  I have seen some real butcher jobs.

Personally, I kind of like the rocker capstans with the abstracts
connecting the keys to the wippens.  They give a direct feel and are
virtually friction-free.

Jurgen Goering