stretching wire -- an anecdotal analysis

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 06:05:18 MDT 2008

 Paul wrote,
<< There is as well a phenomenon called duplex metal deformation which is a
tension/compression condition caused by the bending of the wire around a curved
surface. There is a period of time in which the differential
tension/compression as well as the friction vectored toward the contact of the wire with the
pin is in movement and equalizing.  >>

Greetings,
Hmm, In the absence of friction, the equalization is not instantaneous?  I
thought that friction was the only cause of the time release aspect, given that
heat loss is time dependant.  I was assuming that the changes on the molecular
level would have been all at once.
Hmm.  no physicist  I

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Need a new ride? Check out the largest site
for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)</HTML>