Desperate Deductions

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Mon Apr 21 06:49:26 MDT 2008

---- Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco at luther.edu> wrote:
> David Love wrote:
> > Yes, but at the point that you start withdrawing the money you are
> > presumably at a lower income level so the tax rate will be less.
>
> There's no guarantee of that, however.

Even  so, with a good tax strategy, and advise from a good wealth management advisers, you can minimize your tax liability.   More importantly, you can become independently wealthy.  In fact, that is the only way to really be prepared for retirement these days, and that is the objective of any good retirement plan.  And, it is within reach of all of us, if we make that our goal early enough in life.  For those of us (like myself) who did not learn this when we were younger, it is still attainable.  It's just a bit steeper climb for us.  You just have to think in terms of building wealth, not just getting by.

Frank Emerson