Rebuilding an upright

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 21 13:25:22 MDT 2008

Al,
Another pinblock option which the others have not mentioned yet: If the
original block is still well attached to the back structure, rout out a
cavity in the original block for each section of tuning pins, and inset
a piece of new pinblock.  Epoxy, screws, dowels, whatever makes you feel
comfortable.  This lets you preserve the plate/pinblock relationship,
making soundboard/bridge alignment a lot less complicated, as described
by Del.
Mike