Pitch Raise Pricing

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:58:25 MDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at yahoo.com>
wrote:

How much do you normally charge for a pitch raise?  Do you base the price
> off of your regular tuning rate?  Say you charge $100 for a standard
> tuning.  Would you say a pitch raise would be half of the tuning rate, or
> more?

It's going to depend on how flat it is.  If it's more than 40 cents flat,
what I'm doing now is two quick pitch raises, with the fine tuning scheduled
3-4 weeks later.  For this I charge a standard tuning fee.  (Keep in mind
that this first session is not a fine tuning.  I will also tell the customer
that this first session is not designed to be a fine tuning, and they need
to have the followup tuning.)

If I'm doing a pitch raise, and a fine tuning at the same time, the pitch
raise will be roughly half of the tuning fee.

Also, with any pitch correction + fine tuning (say over 10 cents), I'll
mention that the fine tuning will not be as stable because of the pitch
raise.

--
JF