Hard Hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 22 23:52:33 MDT 2008

What brand of piano?

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044

Original message

From: AlliedPianoCraft

To: "Pianotech List"

Subject: Hard Hammers

I have been tuning a piano twice a year for about 3 years. About once a year my customer complains that the piano is too bright, so I voice it down and make it a little more mellow than he likes because he say it will be bright again in about 6 months. He wants something more permanent. I hate to change these hammers because they still look good. What's the consensus on steaming? Does it last?

Al Guecia