Jet JDP-8 Bench Top Pillar Drill

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 15:29:43 MDT 2008

A mains failure with a period of low voltage has burned out the
contacter on my old but industrial quality pillar drill and the
electrician is talking of $200 or more to fix it.  For less than that
I can buy a small bench-top drill that is more suitable to my present
purposes and one option is the Jet JDP-8 Bench Top Pillar Drill.  I
have no experience of Jet tools but gather they are well thought of
in America.  Is anyone familiar with this little pillar drill and can
I expect it to be of good quality in spite of being the smallest in
their range and of a different design from their larger drills?

JD