Clever Key Cleaning Customer

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Wed Apr 23 19:45:24 MDT 2008

Please be careful.  I have seen keytops with thousands of tiny hair-line cracks.  I do not recall the exact composition of the keytop material, or the chemical applied to it.  If you do not know what you are doing, what may appear to be a great cleaning solution may turn out to cause reduced elasticity of the plastic, and eventually thousands of tiny cracks as the wood expand and contract, while the plastic does not..

Frank Emerson