Water Damage>

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 22:47:14 MDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I will be looking at a grand piano next week located in a school
> auditorium.  Someone poured a bucket of water inside.
>
> Can someone give me an idea of what to expect???
>
> Thanks, and I appreciate it!
> Matthew
>
> ------------------------------
> now.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Hi Mathew,

You might just be surprised, I know I was when I was called to look at a
grand that suffered a roof leak directly onto/into it in a home recently.
The customer had an ice dam on his roof cause a roof leak directly into his
Ivers & Pond grand. Since it was past needing a rebuild at the time and only
being nursed along until he could be convinced it was no longer viable as it
was and HAD to be rebuilt, the leak served to hasten him along. Other than
some water stains on the sound board and causing the genuine alligator
outer finish to "crackle off" and the hammers in the treble to "blossom"
open, it was no worse off than before. Except now he can hopefully get the
insurance company to foot part of the bill for the rebuild.

Mike

--
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that
will allow a solution.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404