hammer return spring string

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Apr 27 15:29:07 MDT 2008

What Heckschers supplied to me years ago as loop cord is actualy a thick
surgical suture (black), which seems fine. Immensely strong and I imagine
would last a very long time.

David.

"Every time this topic comes up I get the impression that you can't
get hold of proper braided loop cord in America.  Here in Europe
almost all pianos have always had corded hammer flanges, so all
suppliers stock loop cord of one description or another.  I get mine
directly from the manufacturer in silk or polyester in various
diameters and colours".