PDA-Based ETDs

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 29 07:39:44 MDT 2008

I will be taking a first run on my new HP ipaq 111 PDA w/ Verituner software (been using a VT100 for a few years) this afternoon. Just got the software installed last night. Was curious how long the battery lasts, so I left the unit on while I walked my dogs this morning and the darn thing chewed up 55% of my battery in 90 minutes just sitting there with the display lit up. That's going to put a severe cramp on my tuning business.

Anyone else care to share their experience with the battery life of these units? I believe the Cybertuner software is often run on similar/same PDAs. My battery is 1.2 Ah capacity. Do I need to head out in the morning with a separate battery for each pitch raise and tuning? Is there a way to minimize the power drain? If I am tuning, I can't have the thing going to sleep every three minutes - I mean, I'm using it!

I can't believe anyone is using these things if you can only get one or two tunings out of the darn thing before it goes dead.

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano

www.farrellpiano.com
terry at farrellpiano.com