Water Damaged Piano Results

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Wed Apr 30 14:55:56 MDT 2008

Hi all,

  I got a response back from the school with the water damaged Story and Clark, after I told them the news of it's condition.

  They would still like an estimate to get the instrument back into "playing" condition, not performance condition.  So, in other words, it would be classified as a restoration than a rebuild.

  To put the instrument in playing condition all that would need to be done would be hammer head replacement, damper felts, new cloth and felt in the action, trapwork, regulation and tuning.  I would leave the rusted strings, soundboard and pinblock.

  Now, having said that, would it be a "professional" PTG standard to do that?  They would pay me so I could agree to it without question.

  What I was thinking of doing was outlining in writing a complete rebuild price and then a seperate quote with what I listed above.  So that way if they agree to only the restoration, they can sign saying they declined the full rebuild and will accept the instrument on an "as is" basis, after the restoration.

  Thoughts and comments appreciated!

  Thanks!
Matthew