[pianotech] brace for lyre

Aart in America Piano Services aartinamerica at optonline.net
Mon Dec 1 07:27:07 PST 2008

Hi All.

I've had a request from a international touring rock band who's lead
singer/piano player is a little hard on the piano every night.
He is mashing down on the lyre during his performance and  breaking it.
  Gluing the lyre on the road has become difficult.
So, the tour manager requested that a adjustable shim or brace be made
that would fit between the deck of the stage and the bottom of the
lyre.
It seems to me that a simple block of wood placed under the lyre would
be the best. The band also wants some sort of "govern" under the
sustain pedal so that
the player can not press down so hard as to bend the pedal or break the
bottom of the lyre.
Basically he is destroying the lyre every night.
Any thoughts or advice would me very appreciated,

Very Best Regards,

Aart

PS asking the artist to take it easy is not an option.

Aart in America Piano Services
Hoboken, N.J.  07030
201 406 2594
aartinamerica at optonline.net