[pianotech] cleaning/restoring tone of bass strings

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Mon Dec 1 14:26:49 PST 2008

Paul,

thanks for your thoughts.  I know how to make a paper pattern but thanks for the link.  Maybe people are misunderstanding me, we only have about 4 strings that are dead.  For this I will not put on a set of bass strings.  Maybe others would but I can appreciate the situation this fellow is in.  After all I was in the recording business for a while myself.  The "oh lets put on new bass strings, regulate, install new hammers, bla bla bla don't work for some of these guys.  You feed them that and they just say "I'll get a digital."  I wish he would get all the work at once, but I know he won't.  Thanks again for your thoughts man.

Regards,
Shawn Brock, RPT
513-316-0563
www.shawnbrock.com