[pianotech] High treble tuning musing - unison perfection

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:58:51 PST 2008

I didn't have time to reply to this thread yesterday. I have also
experienced what is being discussed here.

My thought is that while the individual strings are each in tune, they are
out of phase with each other and cancelling each others vibration. Pull them
apart slightly and they sing again.

My2cents

Al G