[pianotech] Fractured Keystick

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Wed Dec 3 13:20:26 PST 2008

Hello list,

I need to repair a fractured keystick on a clients piano.  There is a fracture on both sides in the area below the button.  The front of the button has come unglued as a result.  My fix was going to be try to get as much wood glue in the fracture and under the key button as possible, then get a thin piece of veneer and glue on each side of the keystick, clamp and dry.  Then sand the sides to fit once installed back in the piano.

Yes or no?

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578