[pianotech] (no subject)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Dec 5 13:56:50 PST 2008

Sounds like they're trying to do a "short-sale" with an upsidedown loan on
it.  Are they listening to Dave Ramsey? (good guy and I endorse his show)

Paul

"David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
12/05/2008 02:24 PM
Please respond to
David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>; Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
[pianotech] (no subject)

I have a customer who emailed me the following:
"Thanks for your reply. Because of how taxes work, if we could get a
written appraisal on the piano of $20,000.00-$25,000.00 we could sell the
piano for less and then "write off" the remainder. For example, if the
appraisal was $20,000.00 we would sell the piano for about $15,000.00 and
if the appraisal was higher we would sell it for even less. "
Does that sound right?   I don't see how they can write off a personal
sale...????
David Ilvedson, RPTPacifica, CA 94044