[pianotech] Glassing the block

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 16:10:40 PST 2008

DIttos Bill.
?
?Dale

Hi Ron,?
?
I have the plate out, and have fitted the block to the plate flange, drilled whatever plate screw holes I'm going to use to keep the fit consistent, then glass, screw and clamp together. I haven't trimmed the ends yet for final fitting. I do the fitting to the case/stretcher after glassing.?
?
William R. Monroe?
?
>?
>> Dale,?
>> Why are you concerned about getting epoxy on the top of the block? The >> only problem I can think of is getting a bunch of little bubbles on top >> of the new block where all the tuning pin holes are in the plate. I've >> put clear packing tape on the underside of the plate when glassing the >> block to prevent epoxy from oozing out the tuning pin holes in the plate. >> Works well, and if you want to glass the top of the block, you can do >> that too. Maybe overkill, but it sure makes a super fit. Otherwise my >> protocol is just about the same as yours, except I probably use only 1/3 >> of the plate screws but also clamp the block in during glassing.?
>> William R. Monroe?
>?
> At what stage are you guys doing this? My epoxy goes on when the plate is > put in for the last time and all the screws are installed.?
>?
> Ron N?

[Image Removed]