[pianotech] new board evaluation

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 20:17:41 PST 2008

Hi Gene
? Upon installation it is always the bass & the treble?which are forced down?upon installation and ?It doesn't seem to deter there performance. Or at least I've not experienced that. I know it's a bit disconcerting the first few times you do this. But it was done that way originally & there is no good reason to alter it in my opinion. If you press the bridge to the board on a curved deck you will minimize this and many of worlds famous pianos do it this was. Probably to minimize the down force issue or perhaps some marketing issue such as double crowned soundboards. Many subscribe to this. Stwy, Steingraebber etc.
? Dale