[pianotech] Aliquot scaling-

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat Dec 13 06:04:54 PST 2008

Lou Novak wrote:
> List-
>
> I  understand the reasoning behind aliquot scaling but am not sure how
> to tune the additional strings.
>
> A 6'4" Bluthner from the late 1800's awaits your kind advice.
>
> Thanks to all in advance.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> -Lou

The strings which share an agraffe on the main bridge are tuned at the
same pitch as the other three strings of the unison.  The ones on their
separate bridge are tuned at the octave.

I think.

The hardest part is muting around them.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076