[pianotech] Urg

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sun Dec 14 14:19:42 PST 2008

I watched a tuner work on a piano for the symphony many years ago.  He put his lever on the pin at 12:00 and never turned it.  He pulled it up to sharpen and pushed down to flatten.  Even at that early stage in my career I thought that really was not the way to do it.

With any kind of leverage you can bend a pin tuning that way.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu