[pianotech] Verituner Help!!!

jsmith3109 at aol.com jsmith3109 at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 10:44:09 PST 2008

Gentlemen:

Having trouble following directions in Veritune manual.

The piano is a Baldwin Howard in a school.  Not too far below pitch...about 5-7 beats. In the manual, the first directions say to measure the A-4 and then A-3 and then several notes on either side of these in the Course Mode. What do the markers mean? (in the Course Mode). If no pitch raise is necessary, do I have to measure first in the Course Mode and then move to Fine Mode, or can I start out in Fine mode and measure as above, and then start tuning? I don't understand where the machine(Verituner) gets it's info for raising the pitch, even a small amount for a fine tuning. The tunings I have done in the Fine mode seem to be OK, but sometimes, when finished, the pitch is maybe 1-2 beats flat from the readings I took in the machine from the beginning.Hmmmm Maybe tunings skills! I also have an Accu-Tuner, and with it I can set the tuner to check the flatness of the notes, press some keys and have the tuner set to raise the pitch as I go along.  Anyone with some explanation would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

jsmith3109 at aol.com