[pianotech] Verituner Help...

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:57:01 PST 2008

Oh I forgot about the markers.

The Verituner has built-in, or user set overpull markers.  When tuning, you should
see a line appear where the pitch is before tuning.  (don't adjust the pitch until
you see it...)  Then you can set to display one, or all of the over/under pull triangles.
The percentage amount depends both on the type of piano and your tuning technique.
These can be enabled in both coarse or fine mode.

I use 12, 21 and 33 for bass strings, plain wires up to strut break, above strut break for
Baldwin uprights.  You might reduce the amount in the top 1/2 octave.  The idea is to
allow for the pitch to drift back down as the structure takes on the load of pulling the
pitch up to 440.

My goal is to have a fine tuned piano after a single pass, when I then check in fine
tune mode.  Mostly, I fail... BUT I DO get lots of strings that are right on.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland