[pianotech] RPT Credibility and "Status"

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Thu Dec 18 05:36:08 PST 2008

Ed,

this brings to mind a question.  I know of a technician in the western U.S
who passes out the guild pamphlets and has a PTG logo on his card.  How ever
he has never been a member of the guild and has no plans to become one.
What if anything can the PTG do about this.  I know its probably a subject
that is more appropriate for one of our other mailing lists, but it seems to
me that a little discussion is not going to kill anyone.  It is a disgrace
for any member of the PTG who has abided by the policies we have in place.
When I first became a member they had just put into place that associates
couldn't use the guild logo anymore.  At first I was a little tiffed about
that but I got over it.  So it really sticks in my craw when non RPTs don't
obey the same rules as I was supposed to.  I had no access to the invoices,
patches or anything that had the PTG on it, but some how people who are not
members get a hold of this stuff and misuse it.  I still think we should
have a logo that the piano dealers could display.  All of our dealers here
in Cincinnati are members of the PTG, that is one of the good things I can
say about all of them.  Even though membership to them is just politics at
least they are members.

Regards,
Shawn Brock, RPT
513-316-0563