[pianotech] Dumping

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Dec 21 12:27:12 PST 2008

> And Ron, love ya buddy, but that diatribe on the "typical" player tech
> was rather ill-timed -- looked like a slam on "Mr. H's" work, which you
> have not seen.

Sorry, it wasn't intended to be that, and I didn't time it. It
was a response to another situation entirely, which did fit
the profile of what I responded to, and did (does) reflect my
experience in such things. Duaine may well do fine and
conscientious player work, ensuring that the piano is also
rebuilt to the degree necessary to adequately represent it for
the next 30 years or so. I don't know that one way or another,
nor do I recall commenting on it. I've done considerably more
player and pump organ work than has Duaine, so I should be
insulted by my post too, I guess.

Presumption of intent is at least as dangerous as anything
we've seen here recently.

Ron N