[pianotech] but will it split

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Wed Dec 24 09:12:01 PST 2008

John,

I see nothing wrong with a fine adjustment on dampers which are affixed
to the top blocks with a rather crude method. I find that performers are
getting more and more critical about damper performance including having
all the notes of a chord stop simultaneously at a slow release of the
pedal. Fine adjustment capability is critical to get to that Nth degree,
IMHO.

If it's getting a new back action, it doesn't take much to add this nice
feature.

Tom Cole