[pianotech] Dampp-Chaser Brochure response

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Wed Dec 24 13:52:27 PST 2008

David,

The Piano Life Saver System (PLSS) is a remarkable thing, and when I
feel the customer will benefit with reduced pitch drift and extended
tuning stability, I have no reservation in recommending the
installation of such.

As to your particular inquiry, I know this much. I have service one
university institution for 30 years with an inventory of approximately
80 pianos. In some of the piano studios that that have two grands,
only one piano in each of those studios has a  PLSS. At a minimum of
two tunings per year, the grands with the PLSS are always closer to
pitch and more in tune than the grands without the PLSS system.
However, in a truly hostile environment, the ability of their purpose
can be thwarted dramatically. The best to find out is install a system
in one of these areas on one of these pianos, and you'll find out soon
enough of its benefit.

You don't feel these systems would be able to react that quickly. The
newest versions of these systems are designed to react more quickly
than ever before based on the more recent installs I have done.

The Dampp-Chaser folks are constantly (now here's where that word
really applies) making this product better and better. They aren't
sitting back on their laurels.

Okay?

Keith