[pianotech] Bridge Pin Drilling Angle

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Wed Dec 24 18:34:04 PST 2008

I don't know about consensus.  Actually, I don't have much use for the term in technology or politics.  I look for what works for me, and don't really care much who does or does not agree with me.

I use 15⁰.  In some cases I have made it a compound angle, with front pins leaning forward as much as 15⁰, as well as 15⁰ to the side, the back pins leaning to the back 15⁰ as well as 15⁰ to the side.  The front to back leaning seems to be fairly inconsequential, but 15⁰ to the side works for me.

Frank Emerson