[pianotech] Bridge Pin Drilling Angle

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 11:33:25 PST 2008

Actually, yes. Whirrrrrrr....

In a message dated 12/26/2008 8:54:54 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> And I am particularly taken  with the idea of the compound angle from the
> perspective you  describe--to achieve as efficient a lock as possible,
> and to "offset"  the bisecting vector.

I've always heard the explanation Frank offers  for that
outward lean, and it always seemed reasonable. But when you
really look at it, the offset angle would be bisected by the
pins  leaning back over the bridge instead of out and away from
it. Wouldn't  it?

Ron N

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.