[pianotech] Satisfied but persistent customer question

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Dec 28 10:27:06 PST 2008

>I still believe that tidy,neatly seated coils contribute a lot to
>tuning stability..

Initially yes, but once the coil has tightened around the pin I haven't noticed
older sloppy coils causing an unstable unison.

When setting a new coil, I will lift and tap to square off the coil,
then with a
pair of sawed-off parallel pliers I squeeze the becket in and rotate around
the coil to coax creep. This speeds the chipping process and makes for a
stable tuning sooner.
--

Regards,

Jon Page