[pianotech] Satisfied but persistent customer question

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Dec 28 11:09:47 PST 2008

If you don't want people addressing your business then don't post your
business on the list.  I used your post as a springboard because it related
to the overall issue of how to deal with problem pianos and what
technician's should feel responsible for and willing to sacrifice in terms
of providing service.  I would not make two trips for the price of one to a
customer on a regular basis and would not recommend it if someone were
asking me.  Since you offered this as an acceptable arrangement in the
context of the Kawai, I felt it was fair game to offer a different opinion.
I'm sorry that you took it personally.   A little less egocentrism would be
good here.  The issue is not really about you but the situation in general.
As I said, I don't really care what you decide to do in any particular case.
You can work for free as far as I'm concerned.  But I wouldn't generally
recommend it as a strategy for others.  Just my opinion ymmv.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com