[pianotech] Player Piano Co

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Sun Dec 28 18:23:53 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <rnossaman at cox.net>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Player Piano Co

> Except for a period in the 90s, I've bought cloth and tubing from them
> because it was nicest quality I'd found. I'm out of touch these days. Who
> else carries *flexible* double sided cotton motor cloth that lasts more
> than a few years in use, and cotton backed pneumatic cloth. How about
> tubing and cloth covered hose that actually has some stretch and
> flexibility to it?
>
> Ron N

Over the years I've found it necessary to change suppliers on many items
when the quality of any particular item became questionable.  For instance,
as you mentioned, in the 90's the tubing and hose from PPCo was unusable.
Soft, mushy, non cloth covered hose and tubing that was so slimey it
wouldn't stay in place.  I switched to American for all tubing, hoses, and
cloth...now I've switched to Schaff, Leather Supply House, Organ Supply,
local leather sales (Ted's Leather, Haverhill, MA) and small custom shops
such as Streicher, Short Mountain Music Works....

I agree that PPCo. offered some items that seemingly are not available
elsewhere.  Duaine mentioned force-fit collars.  It may take some effort and
research, but I'm certain that additional sources are out there and/or there
are folks in the business (mechanical music)that will pick up the slack.

Debbie L.