[pianotech] Kranich & Bach Grand Piano Action

John Nisbet oberlingerusa at email.msn.com
Sun Dec 28 21:20:59 PST 2008

Dear Randy,

Thank you very much for your message. I would be interested in learning about the K&B action. The piano is located at a seminary, and having just come on the scene, with my very good piano technician, I have found out that the seminary spent a lot of money "fixing" this piano, which seems on analysis by my technician to be the cause of the actions' demise.

The goal at this point, is to get the piano playable, and auction it off so that the school can recoup some of the money that it spent "fixing" it. My technician has it playing now, which is a great improvement. But it will never play with all the power it should, as a result of bizarre modifications that were done to the action. We are thinking of auctioning it off, in playing condition, or would consider keeping it with a better action. Perhaps your group might consider the sale of the action to us along more 'charitable' lines...

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you,

Sincerely,

John Nisbet
Instructor in Music History
Holy Apostles College and Seminary