[pianotech] Verdigris on action centers

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 17:44:56 PST 2008

You can make your own "Zapper."  I purchased two inexpensive soldering irons from Radio Shack, mounted them as shown.  One is held fast by the clamp, the other is movable.   Both ends of the pin get about 10 seconds of heating at once.   It really frees them nicely.  After cooling, treat with your favorite "Freedom Juice."  So far I havn't had any tighten back up, but then we've relocated 3 times in the last eight years, so I havn't been around long enough in one place to find out.....
Mike Kurta, RPT

IMG_2407.JPG